Sunday, February 17, 2013


February 17, 2013
Sunday
7:32 a.m.
Another morning awash with sunshine (really, a Sun Day), and the temperature gauge on the porch indicates 41 degrees. I’m not sure what we will do yet.
Yesterday, I didn’t want to take a camera out in the steady drizzle. So, Nora and I walked to Pioneer Park. We spent most of the time walking around the aviary, and I missed the camera.
A peacock posed on a large hollow log, with its shiny, colorful tail-feathers streaming like  the trail of a wedding gown across the log. I could have filled the frame of a lens with the image.
Darn.
Then two wood ducks -- a male and a female -- stood on top of a birdhouse atop a six-foot high post. They were about six feet away.
I don’t often take photos at the aviary. It’s too confining for the subjects, and there’s something contrived about the photos. I prefer images captured in natural surroundings.
That said, the aviary -- despite the closed space and the wire fencing I aim the lens through -- does allow interesting photos. I will include a few here. Others may be seen at www.tripper.smugmug.com .






No comments: